QR Code How-To
for Apple iPhone
What are QR Codes?
Think of QR codes in similar terms as a Universal Product Code (UPC), except UPC's can only represent numbers. QR codes can be used to represent text, web addresses and other data. A quick app download from iPhone's App Store will enable QR functionality on your iPhone. Aim your camera phone at a QR code, and your smartphone does the rest!
Scanning QR Codes on the iPhone
Before you can get started scanning QR codes on your iPhone, you must download a QR scanning app from the App Store. We recommend i-nigma by 3GVision for free and easy-to-use QR code scanning. Please read through the following instructions before downloading the app, or bookmark this page so you can find us again easily.
- Download i-nigma from the App Store.
- Tap on the i-nigma icon to load the app.
- Tap "Scan Code" to activate your camera.
- Hold your phone about a foot away from the QR (depending on the QR's size and clarity).
- Slowly move your camera closer or further away, pausing as needed, until the software alerts you by sounding a tone or vibrating.
- Tap "Go Online" when prompted to proceed.
Download i-nigma now! Remember to bookmark us in case you need help.
Can I Scan QR Codes on Other Devices?
Yes! Most smartphones, such as Android and BlackBerry devices, are able to take advantage of QR technology. Check out our QR How-To pages for Android and BlackBerry phones, or come back to http://m.webtivitydesigns.com/help/QR/ from your other device to be automatically redirected to the appropriate page.